Tug On This
Thursday, February 16, 2006
  Torino or Turin, Either way I'm down.

Torino or Turin? Either way I'm down.
Originally uploaded by Tug.



Da-da-da-duh-duh-duh-duh-da-da-da-da-da-da-da-dada-dada-dah!

I will admit, I have Olympic FEVER! From the impossible to navigate downhill slope that has maimed three skiiers, to the too smooth, steep and bendy bobsled run that has gravely injured 53 more, it appears that the point of this year's games is to destroy as many athletic careers as possible.

seriously, I watched a lifeflight, er, I mean, highlight reel of greivous injuries on NBC this morning. I mean this was Theismann's leg all over again. If Theismann was skiing down an ice slope at Mach 4 and then LT hit him. Jesus.

And the other thing that's funny -- not funny Ha-ha, but funny ironic -- is that the Women's Olympic Ski Team told the Torinoans that the course was too easy and told them to make it harder. Nice call. So far, the US Women's team has been the most oft-injured. And by injured I mean gravelly.

So on with the games! Oh the spectacle! Oh the grace! Oh the theme song! Oh the compound fractures!
 
Comments:
tug:

I'm glued to the tube, too, and I really liked the use of the theme song in the Tahoe commercial, where all the Tahoe horns are playing the theme. It was elegant and subtle, something quite foreign to US autommakers.

Tonight, I'm zoning in on the snowboard cross. It looks like a lot of fun and reasonably safe, even for an out-of-shape, middle-aged guy like myself (okay, I could use a fewer and smaller jumps). The color commentator says snowboarding is easy to learn and hard to master.

My wife wants to take the kids out to the local tubing/snowboarding hill this weekend and I'm a whole lot more interested in the idea, now:)
 
An addendum...they just had a really exciting, close finish for the men's snowboard cross gold medal and the announcer said "it's a finish for the ages!" C'mon...it was good, but it was the FIRST TIME for the event! It was more like a finish...for the day.
 
you people are all freaks and whats the deal with having personalized photos next to your comments.

As for the winter olympics I say keep the maming up. If only figure skating was actually full contact Tonya Harding would have her gold and then some.

After all she beat the livin snot out of the woman the Bill Clinton boned. You know the one with the big nose.

Aerial's with two guys competting takeoff.

and why just stick Joey Porter and L.T. in the middle of the downhill for a free shot at some Austrian travelling 70 miles per hour (er I mean kilometers per hour)

Biathalon, simple enough shoot each other.

you name it every sport could be spruced up with a little dare I say ultra violence.

These olympics could quite plainly use a little Most Extreme Elimination

Tug you suck
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
Mainly I've been driving. Alfa Romeo. First to four in under sixty. Seconds. Gears. Dig it.

Name:
Location: Kansas City, Missouri, United States
ARCHIVES
December 2004 / January 2005 / February 2005 / March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / February 2006 / March 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / May 2007 / July 2007 / December 2007 /


Powered by Blogger